Friday, July 27, 2007

More about Shambo...

Reading the many blogs that arose during the Shambo affair, you get a sense that the west is absolutely bonkers. I cannot fathom the very deep, deep desire to kill this creature, triviliasing its death and the scorn poured on the people at the Skanda Vale temple.

All through the ordeal, and I was viewing it live, even if I was not in the UK, I sensed that it would not end as I would've liked it. How could I write it down? Is there anything that I can write to explain how and what I feel? Fortunately, there are people on this planet who can articulate the feeling that I had better than I ever could!

"They kept their vows and celebrated the sanctity and divine nature of all life without violent resistance even when confronted with an act of desecration." - Paul Flynn

I thought this phrase really did sum up my feeling on the matter. I can't beat that.

UPDATE:Wenda at Paul Flynn's blog has reported that "...for an independant post mortem to be carried out alongside the WAG post mortem. The Skanda Vale lawyers have advised ... that this has been declined by the Welsh assembly although they have said that the vet can observe...."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
while I agree with Paul Flynn and you on the comment I just think sometimes you have to pick where you fight ,protest etc for the best
I think this cause was not the best - sancity of life - what about the abuse of life in just about half the world. What about Bulgarian children being sold as slaves - thats worth the effort.

Chris E said...

I am in total agreement with you. I am utterly ashamed of the Welsh Assembly this morning. Life is always more important than money - which, in the end, is the only reason this cow was murdered.